ronster

Power failure-DVR'S

Does anyone know if there is a DVR PC base and or standalone that will pull up cameras if the power fails, then comes back on? It is for owners of 2nd. homes.

??? all DVR's and PC based can be set/configured to power on to the camera's live view & recording. Noiw if your looking for software to monitor your DVR's for camera outages or Server outages then check into videoinsight's Health Monitor. http://www.video-insight.com

I have a PC that will not come back on after a power outage. I have to manually restart the PC. However, the embedded DVR’s I use, restart, reboot and return to normal after a loss of power. I think that is the question you are asking. .As for reconfiguring a PC to restart, reboot, I don’t know. I would have to ask the guy's if that is done through the PC settings or is that done through the DVR cards program settings?

Powering back up after a power failure is normally a option in the bios, but not all pc's have that option available.

I guess you could maybe wire a capacitor across the atx power on switch terminals, so when power comes back on a brief current flows (to switch on) then once the cap charges no current flows and the pc is just 'on'

Not tried it, but probably should work, either that or it would blow the board if the cap was to large.

Once the pc is powering back on, just make sure the software is in the startup folder, and any services it uses (if applicable) are set to auto start, then it should just restart again on power up.

PC's take longer (usually) to power up than a standalone will, as a standalone does not need to load anywhere near as much rubbish as a windows pc needs.

ALL DVRs will come back on after power outage, if they dont, they are worthless. If it is a PC and it has no setting for that in the BIOS, it should not be used as a DVR. I havent seen any motherboards yet that dont have that setting.

How old are your computers

Mine is 3 years or so old refurbed mobo and it has that option ..

Power Options .. in the bios ... they differ from one to the next.

ok found it, did f2 during start up. Still in learning phase, however it seems that will be an everyday experience which is fine with me I love this stuff. Thanks all

How old are your computers

Mine is 3 years or so old refurbed mobo and it has that option ..

Power Options .. in the bios ... they differ from one to the next.

The computer without the option will be 5 years old in February 2007. However, it was a top of the line unit back then. Because of reading on the forum about DVR cards, I threw 3 cheap DVR cards in it and found it interesting. Eventually, I will gain enough knowledge and graduate to something more advanced like GEO.

Yep 5 years may not have it, though mine is 3 years refurbed, meaning its probably 4-5 years

also you can check to see if there is a Bios update, as that may have it.

Find the model of the Motherboard and post it here if you cant find it online, or run Everest Home Edition and that will tell you the Motherboard Model Number.

Rory