Sign in to follow this  
imagehog

How can I upload *existing* video feed to the web

I have an existing video feed from a camera, and I want to somehow either upload its live video to a web page or have periodic images get "grabbed" from this feed and upload to the web page.

I do *not* have a PC at the site where the camera is, but I do have a DSL connection and a router there.

Is there a device that can take an existing video feed and upload it to a web page and/or grab images and ftp them to a specific location? I know some cameras do that, but I want to use the existing video feed, not add another camera.

I could add a PC if necessary but I am hoping not to have to do that. My goal is to be able to view the existing video feed from my handheld device (Sony mylo with web browser and internet access)

imagehog, yes and no. You need a video server. But to view from a handheld device the data stream would probably not be what you would like. You would just have to try. This is my live feed of my cam looking at my bird feeders and hottub on channel 1 and office on channel 2 You will be prompted to load the activex plugin to view the video. http://72.129.165.146/login.ml

The simplest technique to upload videos to the web through Youtube.

First register for a free you tube account than sign in and follow the instructions regarding uploading the videos.