cachecreekcctv

Anyone use IR bullet cams with 2.8mm lens??

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone uses the smaller bullet cams, infrared, with 2.8mm wide angle lenses?? Never really had to deal with that wide of an angle, as 90% of what I use is mostly 3.6 mm to 6mm lenses ( built in). I have a customer, who I can't talk out of, who wants the widest angle I can get, but he wants it in a smaller, "bullet style" IR cam, or, perhaps, a small "dome style" camera. Thanks!

just let him know the quality is less the wider it gets .. in other words dont expect much of any object identification.

PS. Happy new year ! LOL ..

I currently have the Extreme Ex40mnx dome with the 2.8mm lens. It works well picture quality wise, and has a wide enough view to cover the front lawn to see any activity there but recognition is very limited at that distance unless you know the person. Though, my camera also covers anyone coming up the front stairs with a great look at the face also, so smile pretty for the camera. The ir does not cover the area of the lens and definitely not for a great distance. You will need additional ir to flood the area.