febulous15

Panasonic WV-CW860A Multiplex-Coaxial

Hi guys~ Pls help

Basically, the scenario is like this:

Existing cameras used are Panasonic WV-CW860A and it runs on single coax which carries both PTZ data and video. I can't pull up anymore cables and is not able to do so. I'm looking for something which can split the video and data from the coax so that it's friendly to my DVR(supports RS485).

the communication of the camera is something similar to Pelco's coaxitron. BTW, Pelco's coaxitron is proprietary, right? Otherwise, i might consider using this:

http://www.pelco.com/products/default.aspx?id=265

Edited by Guest

your dvr is not panasonics right?

what kind of controller are you using?

and what kind of data multiplex box are you using?

and basically your wanting to control through the dvr also right?

your dvr is not panasonics right?

what kind of controller are you using?

and what kind of data multiplex box are you using?

and basically your wanting to control through the dvr also right?

Yup, I'm not using Panasonic DVR. I'm gonna use the DVR's softmenu to control the PTZ. I dun have yet any multiplex box. The camera is already capable of multiplex-coaxial when off-the-shelves. Therefore, I'm only seeking a translator/converter/splitter (what ever u call it) to split out the data and video from the coax for my DVR.

so how are you controlling right now? Are you not at all controlling it?

well what you will need regardless is a WJ-MP204C data multiplex unit and then have the rs485 output from the dvr go into the data multiplex units rs485 that will go to the camera up the coax understood?

so how are you controlling right now? Are you not at all controlling it?

well what you will need regardless is a WJ-MP204C data multiplex unit and then have the rs485 output from the dvr go into the data multiplex units rs485 that will go to the camera up the coax understood?

Currently, it is controlled via Panasonic's controller. Due to integration purpose, It will be take over by the new control equipment (DVR) in the upgrade, which is non-Panasonic.

So i guess I have to find out whether my DVR supports protocol for this data multiplexer...