Hi all, I am new to Dvrs, I bought this dvr card on e bay, has been working fine but i can't seem to get the ptz function to work with my pelco spectra 3se dome, the spectra works fine tried it with a Kbd 300. everytime i attempt to move camera the specific camera's vido jumps but the camera doesn't move.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-CHANNEL-DVR-CARD-240-FPS-CCTV-16-CH-VIDEO-RECORDER_W0QQitemZ260071017325QQihZ016QQcategoryZ116224QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is how I am set up.

Pelco Spectra 111 SE, Version 1.25.0016 Bud rate 4800, Address D=1, Address P=2

Ptz decoder- port3, Using USB to RS232 converter/rs232 to rs485 Ptz converter

PTZ Decoder / Pelco-p-d or D

Bud Rate 4800/ Data 8, Parity none, Stop Bit 1

Dome Control- Protocol: Pd/d, Com 3, Address Id 1

Camera

Camera #1, Capton :Cam 1, Attach ptz Id :3

thanks

You can not run the ptz controller and the ptz controls at the same time unless you use a pelco device sorry I do not remember the part number I have put one in like that and it was the only way to make it work with both at the same time. are you hooked up to 485 tx+ tx- going to the cam from the dvr? The best thing is to call pelco tech support.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, yes, The 485 tx+ tx- is going to the cam from the dvr, I tried it with the pelco keyboard and it works fine , I tried pelco as U recommended,but I was told that pelco only providsupport for their products.

Thanks again for uour help