phil_gt

camera stopped workng

my camera has stopped working while recording last nite and now there is no display on the camera....

only thing i can tell is that it has been raining. can water on the connections cause this? or would it be somthing else as its supposed to be water proof but i only put pvc tape onto the connectors?

just to make me look an idiot it has started working again :S so fuck knows

will that do rca cables?

i was thinkin of getting heatshirnk the only down side its a bugger to get off agen

my camera has stopped working while recording last nite and now there is no display on the camera....

only thing i can tell is that it has been raining. can water on the connections cause this? or would it be somthing else as its supposed to be water proof but i only put pvc tape onto the connectors?

just to make me look an idiot it has started working again :S so **** knows

I waterproofed all my outdoor connections with the same stuff I use to waterproof spark plug boots. Keeps everything watertight and you can still disconnect easily.

Also make sure that the lowest point on your cable is not a connector or passthru a wall. Water on the cable will run downwards to the lowest point. When cables go through walls at my place I alway shave the cable going down a few inches before going up/left/right. I also put little loops in the cable if there is a connector at a low point so the lowest point it still the cable.

should be in a waterproof gang box .. but tape should hold it.

I had tape on my connection here for 5+ years on the oceanside, and through numerous hurricanes, without any problems. BUT, they still get coroded.

Either way redo the connections, change the BNC, and see what happens.

If water got into the camera, then you may have a problem. make sure the cable entries are sealed properly, use caulking if you are unsure.

its now in a waterproof box and taped up lol so best of both and bought better pvc tape thats a lot stickier than i used last time

bodgedcamera2.jpg