Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent DVR card for CCTV please.One that keeps popping up is the SWANN PC DVR 4 NET and it's within my price range.Also can anyone give me some advice on these cards as to whether they suck the life out of CPU's.

My system is an Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz,1015 MB memory with two hard drives each 300GB running on Vista operating system.

Would really appreciate any advice on this subject please.

1. DVR's are just that.

2. You can multitask on some but not all. Do you want to take a chance of crashing your DVR because of a loaded e-mail?

3. DVR's are not plug and play boards OS tweeks , hard drive patitions , most all DVR's are built around the card OS, MOTHERBOARD, HARDDRIVE with OS patition, storage patition. DVR's write to the storage drive then start over when full. This all depends on what type dv card you have but I do not allow customers to use the dvr as a computer.

mine seems to work fine im recording my window cleaner now to make sure my camera aint touched and im on here msn and email bit laggier than usual but thats to be expected but you can do mroe than 1 thing