Scruit

Raindrops trigger motion sensing

I have a cheap day/night camera (no mech filter) with IR leds built into the front.

Now that I'm using motion sensing for recording I'm finding that when ti rain I get large raindrops falling past the camera that reflect the IR and are enough to trigger the motion sensing in the DVR. If I turn the sensitivity down to where it stops being triggered by rain, then I pretty much have to dance a jig in front of the camera to trigger the motion detect.

How can I deal with the rain? All I can think of would be to use a seperate illuminator, or maybe move the camera to a location where rain doesn't fall so close to the lens...

things like rain drops, shade, etc, will just happen.

in the end it is still saving time on the hard disk, less of course it rains all day .

I have a couple videos of spiders that crawl across the dome. The spider isn't really in focus but it is obvious what it is. And it's not like either spider just crawled across. They each stopped smack in the middle and did a little dance before moving on.

Yeah, raindrops are a p.i.t.a. for digital motion sensing.

same here so here's what i do now

if its raining i set pico2000 to constantly record

if not i put it on motion detect lol

Wow. I'm not going to complain abaout the rain any more. Now it's snowing and nearly all my cameras are seeing constant motion.

Oh well. My smart idea if using an image downloaded from the beginning of every motion event is not going to work today, I already have 500 images from overmight.

When it's not raining I'll get only 2 or 3, and they are usually stray cats.

Wait till a nice sun shinny day and all the moving shadows cast across the capture area from the trees trigger your alarms. Just think, it moves from one camera to the next throughout the day as the sun crosses the sky. Like everything, motion detection has its draw backs.