phil_gt

few questions

some questions for you.

A, whats the difference between CMOS and CCD

b, Why are my colours different to real colours E.G My car is red and the pictures more pinky red than red?

c, how can i make my cheap ebay camera 1 that will moved by remote?

It's really not that simple each has advantages in specific areas. generally though for low cost color cameras CCD will be superior.

A) They are phyiscally different, I'm not going to detail it in a forum post. Basically they are totally different means to the same goal.

B) You have a BS Ebay camera.

C) Remote meaning RS485 data? Remote menaing IR? Basically if you bought your cam on Ebay it's not going to be cost effective to make it a pan/tilt.

A) They are phyiscally different, I'm not going to detail it in a forum post. Basically they are totally different means to the same goal.

A, okies then never mind

B) You have a BS Ebay camera.

b, the camera is shi* in other words?

c, just so i dont have to clamber up on the roof to adjust it if i dont think its good enough coz i adjusted it so it mainly concentrated on the car this was done in daytime now it seems i dont get much vision by the gate where people would come past to vandalise it :S (main reason i put it up)

so means i need to climb back up and adjust it back

nightvision.jpg

Buy an IR emitter and put it up to help. Either way I don't see you being able to identify anyone at the car or gate from that setup. A wide angle like you have could be backed up by a tight shot on the gate for identification.

hmm i was thinking that as well servs me right for trying to do it on the cheap although now its all setup i can upgrade in the future n sell this camera on once i have enought cash.

also roughly how much would you say it would cost to have a ir camera to do what i want pan/tilt and give off infa red to avoid the need for a ir light as well?