Sign in to follow this  
VST_Man

C2D 2.4 E6600

Just build my first this weekend and it screams compared to a P4 3.6Ghz. I'm running VJ120 with 21 camera's at 640x480, VI IP Server with 3 camera's, Logmein, APC software, SQL Server, ect and it ran at approx. 70% with no live view..live view pushed it higher, and when viewers were on the Server it worked even harder.

C2D ran no higher than 45% no matter what the Server was doing...and that was at stock settings. I OC'd it to 2.8 via asus P5BDeluxe and it dropped to 30% and at 3.6 it was at 25%. I'm not into OC'n but since it was easy to do I just tried it and it worked no problems.

Temps? 3.6 always was hot............55 on up. C2D has not gone over 45 yet.........room temp is 70ish.

Very nice build. Even recommend OC'n based on C2D's overall stability/reviews, but, since the Server is already happy at stock I won't OC it. Gamers most likely OC it and then some.

Cons: pricey but worth every penny.

Intel blew away AMD with this one and the future of software is once again wide open for bigger and better programs. I hope to see a CPU per camera on a single chip one day............quads are already here.

I've seen some reviews on Vista and how it is CPU hungry........it will be fun to see how C2D handles the OS.