eyeonutech

Can anyone identify these DVRs?

yes. most of Taiwan software company are using Korean software cards. but we don't sell them to China . In China, most important is realtime preview and record (25fps) , that's just the software card's disadvantage . Maybe European market allow 5fps D1 , but China can't . In this Field , I'm afraid China's requirement is higher than other countries.

5 fps? You can get well over 20fps per camera with the Geo Cards. With PCI-e and Quad Cores, even Core 2's, you can easily do 20-30fps per camera, in 640x480 mode. And with the Combo cards, they are all real time preview. Actually China's requirements are typically much lower, at least in every other regard

Also, most CCTV cameras dont benefit a single bit from 720x480 (D1) especially OEM cameras which typically dont have the effective image pixels to match.

As to H.264, no comment, other than I have yet to see anything recorded in that codec that impresses me. More compression means lower quality, no matter how great people claim it is.

With PCI-e and Quad Cores, even Core 2's? that means we have to update all of our PC to support new CPU,new motherboard including memory .etc . we can create a 32 channels realtime recording PC-DVR with old PC : C2.66,256M DDR and PCI slot . what we should do is only to buy 4 pcs hardware compress 8ch cards. a middle level project in China means hundreds of PC-DVR . So it will save much money.

about H.264, you will find it's video quality not so good as Mpeg4 or other format. it's not H.264's problem. tell you the truth , most of DVR card only use simplest arithmetic in H.264 . if they use standard H.264 tech, they have to use more powerful DSP chipset. the cost will be higher. if the same video quality, H.264 will save more space than Mpeg4 or other format.

It doesnt take any time to change a CPU or Memory, and even a Mobo can be swapped out in only a couple minutes. It doesnt matter how fast the card's compression is, if the PC is old and slow it is still going to be slow - it still has to save the video to the PCs hard drive.

As to space, that is a non issue now, with 750GB drives @ $200 USD and 500GV Drives @ $100 USD .. the less compression the better, cause nowadays we can add as much storage as we like.

As to H.264, ive yet to see some real life comparisons from manufacturers.

And if you are doing hundreds of Cameras, thats a whole different thing, infact I would then venture into the IP area for that.

BTW i know what you are saying essentially, a way to handle loads of cameras with DVRs and take the stress off the PC ... and I agree there.

Quick question, is that 32 channels 640x480 30fps for each camera? (960fps 640x480 live and record)

kodicom is software compress card . I'm afraid it's only suitable for low end market. if you have more than 32 channels to manage. it will cost many CPU . as far as know , Skyvision's oversea software only support HIKVISION cards and their own cards. where did you get 10 different dvr cards?

In my opinion, Hardware compress cards will be more and more popular with their powerful functions. and their cost will be less and less. So If you don't want to update your PC-DVR after a few month, I suggest you have a test hardware compress cards. Hikvision cards have high quality , and already been best card in the world. but cost maybe a little high. In China , there are many manufacturers for hardware DVR cards with good price . even if Korean cheap software cards can't expand China market yet.

is near seven year that I sell dvr card...

I write wrong is not skyvision I have try but the ugly software of skyview