scousegitt

dennard 2050-wp dome

hi could anyone please tell me the pin connector details for the dennard 2050-wp dome camara? the connector is located on top of the dome.

thank you

Hello, here is a link to PDF: Dennard operations manual for the Type 2050 coax Dome, scroll to top of page 10 you will see the electrical detail on the connector. Hope this helps. http://www.scorpion-group.co.uk/Dennard%202050%20User%20Guide.pdf
thanks lolo i will give it a look, i also need to know what i need to connect this camara to the dedicated micros uniplex dx pro. does it plug straight in or do i need a telemetry receiver for the camara end if it does plug straight in where and what connections or pin numbers and what address should i use? thanks for your help.

Hello, are you located in the UK? if so there is a support site on your gear: http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/ or you might want to submit a question to this site: http://www.thecctvcompany.co.uk/faq.htm I once got some good data on some older gear that was purchased in the UK. In this PDF on page 34 there is data pertaining to the uniplex DXPro multiplexers there is also info on the pins and adress perhaps that will help: http://www.dedicatedmicrosus.com/pdfs/accessories/cbus-guide1.pdf I know that DM acquired Dennard in 2003 but there is still some documentation online under the dennard brandname. Sorry I cant help you any further, I use mostly Pelco and Panasonic PTZ gear but perhaps there is someone on this website that is hands on with DM and Dennard.

not sure what you mean mate. the pins. do you mean the amphenol on the lead. do you want to know the pin outs. as far as the connection. the dennard 2050 works on protocols bbv coax & dennard 485. as far as the uniplex goes i dont think it has bbv coax & definatley not dennard. i think it only has dmft the old tone telemetry. if you can find a receiver that converts dmtf to bbv coax then your sorted but i think your chances are 0. what you can do though is this:-

1. set the dome address to blue F yellow D. when you power the dome up it should say DEN PANEL.

2. Purchase a DTX400DC. for a manual got to bbv website. i would tell you the address but they wont let me yet. apparantley i have to do 5 posts.

this is a 1 to 1 keyboard.

3. take the coax from your dome & plug it in to the keyboard. the keyboard will then control your dome & access all menus. You would usually connect the output from the keyboard to a monitior but why not connect it in to your uniplex. this way you have the keyboard controlling the dome & your uniplex recording it.

get back to me on the pins if thats what you want

i could do with the pin outs please guys, thanks for the advice this project is still doing my head in, any idea where i can buy a DTX400DC and how much will this cost?

i think there about £400 new. ebay may have some. if your still stuck i could probably sort you out with 1 for £200. see how you get on. the pin outs are centre pin is earth which is pin 7. 1 & 2 are your video 3 & 4 are 485 data & 5 & 6 are power. the uniplex system may have bbv. you need to check your uniplex. if it does not have a cbus on the back then it is dtmf if it does have a cbus connection then it will have bbv. so mate to get your kit up & running

1. does uniplex have a cbus port on the back?

2. no, then you need to purchase a dtx400

3. yes, then set the dome to blue f yellow d on the pots inside the dome head. connect coax to uniplex. set the telemetry protocol to bbv. wahoo you have a moving controllable dome.

piece of piss mate.

hi thanks for the info, and yes it does have cbus connector so now i need to know what pins i connect the data cables to. thanks for all your help.

and i am from liverpool

you don't connect your data cables. you take the coax from the dome & connect it in to your multiplexer (uniplex) doesn't matter if its camera 1,2,3 etc. take the hemisphere of the dome & put the blue pot to F & the yellow pot to D. when you power the dome up it should say DEN PANEL, then on your multiplexer set the telemetry to BBV which is coax. you should then be able to control your dome.

also, do you know if the ULTRAK diamond series does BBV if it does any idea how i set it up on the controller, because i dont know in which menu to look.

thanks yet again

the ultrak dome has diamond & i think honeywell protocol. honeywell have taken over the ultrak dome.it may have molynx but does not have bbv as far as i am aware. but what you can do is if you have a unit that does have bbv then you need to purchase a bbv rx100. what this does is take bbv from your controller & then converts this to ultrak 485 to control the dome. check bbvcctv website. its com. (they still wont let me put a flippin website address yet) & look at the rx100. if you scroll down towards the end of the manual it explains what you can get out of the dome.

sorry I should have been a bit more clearer I have the ULTRAK diamond series controller not the dome sorry my mistake but thanks for that info too