rory

What DVR is this?

has no name, havent heard from my distributor yet on who makes it.

OEM tech manual and OEM remote software.

Rory

Edited by Guest

That is the Hisharp DVR-043. It's a decent, low end model. We took it on a couple months ago. Our dealers sell quite a few of them. Motion Sensing, IR Remote, Networkability are soem of it's features.

If you want to see HiSharp's specs for it (I'll warn you now, their descriptions are rarely intelligible... You'll see what I mean on their website) you can find it here:

http://www.hisharp.com/catalog/catalogDocument.php?did=179

thanks, i knew someone here would recognise it

I like the little AOL type man with motion detection, its neat, and yep is easy to network and has quite a few interesting features, especially for a cheap DVR. Remote Software is pretty simple, looks like the same one alot of others use, I cant get it to switch different cameras though, I need to play with it some more.

Thanks again

Rory

do you know if they have a SDK or activeX control so I can write my own network software?

thanks

Rory

I checked the spec's but can't find listed a way to back up video onto a CD/RW. Does it have a USB port to add an external CD/RW? I've seen too many embedded units that have poor local backup ability. Also if you can backup the video is it self executable or do you have to load in software to read it.

dont know, havent got that far with it yet. Its not installed by me, its by a friends house.

will let you know.

Ok, tested it out. Basically, all it lets you do is save Jpeg Images, no video, but you can do this remotely. It ofcourse has the ability as any other to back up to VCR from the monitor output. So basically, live Remote Video is good, great quality, practically the same as the Kalatel quality local and remote, but little to no remote features. Local features are great, except lacking back up features.

Remote/network searching is like pulling teeth, I gave up after a while, couldnt get it to work properly. It kept going back to the beginning. Maybe I have to wait till tomorrow, we just hooked it up this evening.

Anyway, for $1000 for a 16 channel, or $500 for a 4 channel, its still a good unit for small retails or home users who dont want to spend the big bucks to get the better product. Most of them at least here, dont even have a PC anyway, and the courts still use VCRs even with the Kalatel units.

Seems if you want to get the same features, good live remote quality, but with a CDRW and better search features, you have to pay around $2000 for a different brand.

These prices are all dealer pricing, not distributor, I cant afford to be a distributor nor purchase direct from Asia. They want too much volume.

One more thing, its just Simplex, and also, while in search/playback mode remotely, it stops recording locally, so it sais in the manual, though the record light stays on at the DVR. Plus, only 1 remote user at a time.

But hey, like i said, low end right?! Local playback is actually very good, and great quality.

Rory