Oxide.Blu

How To Make Camera Adjustment Where Installed?

Obviously it’s not possible to run back and forth between the camera and the DVR to make zoom and focus adjustments. How do you folks do the camera adjustments when installing them?

I was thinking of using a USB dongle that accepts video in to see the camera on my laptop near the point of the camera's install. Any better ideas?

There are Portable LCD kits for CCTV Technicians ..

they are primarily for physical adjustments only.

For proper focus you need something bigger like a 9" CRT.

LCDs will not allow proper focus, and the small 5" ones will be even worse for that.

If you have one of the Focus meters though, then you could get away with just the Portable LCD.

Rory, who carries the focus meters? I have the small LCD and was not aware that I'm not adjusting the picture correctly.

LCDs will not allow proper focus, and the small 5" ones will be even worse for that.

OK, so I guess the 15-inch hi-res laptop LCD display will work for the physical adjustments.

Thanks for the replies!!!

OK, so I guess the 15-inch hi-res laptop LCD display will work for the physical adjustments.

Thanks for the replies!!!

for the adjustments yes, not for proper focus though.

You can get a USB Video Capture for the camera input though if thats what you are asking.

The Camera Master 2 is a bit stiff at 750.00 The E-FM1 is a little more in my line but I can't find anyone in the states that carry it. It's sold in S Africa. Any others that is used?

thsoe camera master 2 are excellent. Well worth the money. It has paid for itself time and time again.

750 is not bad. Knowing how handy those things are now and how much time they will save you I would have paid 1100.

I'd like to have a tool like that on installs but I'm not in that league yet. I try to be as professional as I can be but I'm still using my teeth to strip so to speak.