rory

Mojopac

check this out .. i don't yet know how they do it, but its really cool ..

totally different profile, desktop, etc, even different processes and drive letters .. i figure it must be some version of windows PE using the host PCs windows files .. maybe not, but anyway it actually works, i put it on my 128MB Jump Drive .. check out the trial .. no spyware so don't worry .. I cant say whether it is worth purchasing yet, as personally I haven't fully tested different software on it, typically you are supposed to be able to install software in that profile and it just works on other PCs with no installation ..

Im thinking its usefulness for us may be demos for CCTV ..

not sure yet ..

http://www.mojopac.com/portal/content/hellomojo.jsp

thanks .. yep i do realize it has its flaws, but none the less, nice idea still ..

1-Hardware Serial Number Activation. But its one of the only true ways to protect software ..

2-Didn't recognize the installation of my LiveVue OCX .. but my program did install fine, only thing is where did it put my OCX, on the hosts PC? I gotta email them about that ..

3-Not super fast on initial load, but what can we expect from USB ..

I'll read that blog some more as there are alot of posts.

I have a feeling though much of that has been addressed so far, will read on.

Yes the review is dated however the fact that the company removed their customer forum is a flag to me, but your idea of using it for cctv demos is very clever.

ive just gotta disect it and how it works .. then see if it is worth it ..

I could always revamp my software to work with it somehow .. will need to see ..

the thing is .. I can also just create a self executable file which wouldnt need installation anyway .. though it still registers the files on the users PC .. i wonder if say using IE, and we download an ActiveX if it will register it for the mojo drive .. ill test that tonight .. cause if that works .. would be one great thing to come out of it

I did only test my program on 1 other PC, they may have had their windows directories different, or something .. Ive gotta go through Geo's (in this case) registry settings and the activeX registry sections and see what may be causing the issue ...

Cause really im only thinking about CCTV at this point ..

though I need to test some other programs and see whats up ..

Rory

Rory, Ive only recently started to post to this forum but have been reading it for a long time. I enjoy your posts and insights. I look foward to see what you come up with on this software.