rory

Kalatel StoreSafe Lookalike

looking for a DVR similar in look or features to the Kalatel storesafe with CDRW etc. Im looking for something as a 'cheaper' alternative, and something I can buy out of the US, as long as im still here in the bahamas

Who sells Kalatel in Australia?

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me?

Probably Kalatel themselves?

its owned by GE Interlogix.

In Australia Kalatel is managed by GE Interlogix. The address is

646 Whitehorse Road

Mitcham 3132 Victoria

+61 3 9259 4700

As of this month, GE Interlogix can supply Kalatel equipment directly to Security installers - previously we were limited to distributing through Direct Alarm Supplies.

In Queensland and New Zealand - please contact Mr. Troy Blagden

+61 (0) 409 138 465

In Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia - please contact Mr. Andrew Hogendijk

+61 (0) 418 470 259

In New South Wales - please contact Mr. Dave McJannet

+61 (0) 407 212 440

ooops

I just PMed you the email for the Product Manager for Kalatel CCTV equipment in Melbourne Australia.

Rory

Rory, how does the Kalatel storesafe preform? I was just looking at it on GE's website today. I couldn't get the pdf brochure to download. Is it 16 channel, and what is inside?

Thanks,

Brad

Hi

Its a full featured DVR/Mux, 4,10 or 16 channels, 40, 80, 160 or 250GB. It comes in 2 options, standard, or advanced. The advanced has POS intreface, audio and Keypad Support.

If you want email/PM me and I can send you the PDF. It has too many features to mention. It is very stable, very compact, and requires no maintanance. Plugand Play, easy to install and simple to use. Straight forward network connection set up. DHCP support is included.

Rory

More iNfo:

StoreSafe Triplex

This multichannel recorder adds Triplex capability: Watch live and playback images while it records. Display multiscreen views on two monitors. Search for recordings with motion in a target area.

An embedded operating system ensures your recorder’s working when you need it. DVMRe digital recorders use a proprietary, embedded operating system. The result? Your digital recorder won’t be prone to system crashes like PC-based recorders: It will deliver continuous, reliable performance. And the stored video that’s so important to protecting your facility is safer from worms and viruses.

Viewing software lets you access your recordings while at home or on the road. With the WaveReader software, you can connect to any DVRMe digital recorder in your network to view live or recorded images. Or connect using a modem. WaveReader opens your recorders to users who need access to them, and it enables you to check in on the business while you’re at home or on the road.

WaveReader viewing software

WaveReader software gives you remote access to live or recorded images through a network or telephone connection. WaveReader ships with all DVMRe models and other Kalatel DVRs. WaveReader extends the advantages of digital recording to authorized users anywhere on your network—or anywhere in the world.

Using WaveReader, you can view live video from any camera in your network or search for recorded images by camera, time and date, alarm, event or receipt text. You can choose from a variety of screen display modes, from full-screen to a 64-way multiscreen view. Once you have the images you want, WaveReader lets you enhance them by zooming in on selected areas or adjusting contrast, hue, sharpness and more. Then you can save images or even e-mail them to law enforcement officials or others. You can also control pan/tilt/zoom cameras.

Thanks, actually I was finally able to get them downloaded. I think I will check into these. I am currently getting set up with a couple of distributors an hour away.

Hey, any experiences with the "VDR". I will be hitting the local school system next month. They have nice Pelco cameras and multiplexors. This might be a cheap upgrade for them. From the little I read on the VDR's, they work almost the same as vcr's.

Of course with vhs, when I try to play something back on a multipexor, IT SUCKS!!! The recorded tape isn't fluid, and sometimes it jumps off the "called" camera.

I actually work as a school cop at one of the schools (part time), so I think I have a good chance of getting an account with them.

Anyways, fast replies!!!

Thanks,

Brad

the VDR is high quality recording like the others, only it doesn not have audio or remote / network access. Yes its a nice unit for those that dont need those 2 options. On a side note, ATV has a couple nice Multiplexers aht should wotj with the DVR, that havd IR remote Controls, they have 2 budget BW version,s a 4 channe land an 8 channel both Black & White though.

Rory

the VDR is high quality recording like the others, only it doesn not have audio or remote / network access. Yes its a nice unit for those that dont need those 2 options.

Rory

That might work out fine. They are currently running no audio or remote access at the schools. Like I said, I really didn't read into the VDR much, but I imagine you can record as many cameras as the multiplexor allows, right? As stated before, they are running Pelco multiplexors. I just need to make sure the VDR's are compatible with pelco.

Also, does it have the same call back/search options that the others have?

Thanks,

Brad

the VDR is high quality recording like the others, only it doesn not have audio or remote / network access. Yes its a nice unit for those that dont need those 2 options.

Rory

That might work out fine. They are currently running no audio or remote access at the schools. Like I said, I really didn't read into the VDR much, but I imagine you can record as many cameras as the multiplexor allows, right? As stated before, they are running Pelco multiplexors. I just need to make sure the VDR's are compatible with pelco.

Also, does it have the same call back/search options that the others have?

Thanks,

Brad

It works with Pelco.

I has less featires thn the others, its just like a VCR, but high digital quality. If you need the search fatures you wouldn need one of the others.

The single channel DSR-2000 or 1000 dont have ny search features either, only the all in one units. You however can use the network to seardch the DSR-2000 or 1000's.

Rory

I was browsing the VDR's manual, and it didn't say anything about motion recording. Does it not offer it? Since school is only in session about 8 hrs per day, there is about 16 hours that no one is in the schools. However I would like motion recording in case someone broke in!!!

What was you trying to say about the search feature? The manual said it can search by camera and time.

Thanks,

Brad

Sorry, yes, but searching is not like on a StoreSafe or all in one.

No, Motion dection must be built into the multiplexer, always. The VDR supports it.

Some more basic versionsof muxes dont have motion detection, including the lower end Lite Q Kalatel Muxes. Check the muxes manual to be sure it it supports it.

Rory