jlader

drunks, low light, central florida, lakeside

have an upcoming install near Orlando, in a waterfront outdoor/deck type bar...being a northerner, I was looking for a little guidance on cameras, and cabling in the lakeside tropical environment...

have an upcoming install near Orlando, in a waterfront outdoor/deck type bar...being a northerner, I was looking for a little guidance on cameras, and cabling in the lakeside tropical environment...

Soooooooo tell me jlader, how does a somewhere in North West Pennsylvania (with no license or ordinace for cctv installs) contractor get a job in Florida in the first place????

Abbe1 is Correct, Pennsylvania has no low voltage electrical licensing the alarm/electrical requirements are regulated on the local level if your gonna work in fla be aware of the specialty (low Voltage) all limited energy requirements for contractors.Ever since Andrew they have stiffened up the commercial inspections and if someone (like a local installer) drops a call on you they will check you, be prepared for a tough time. If you want to research out some provisions go here: http://www.neca-neis.org/state/specialty_licensing.cfm#Florida If you intend to do work as a Prime down there I highly suggest you download a license app here: http://www.professionallicensing.state.de.us/default.shtml Your operations are none of my bussiness perhaps you are subcontracting local, just a friendly heads up about working interstate from my own experience over the years (In heavy/highway). In so far as your original question, follow the enviormental considerations for the climate, humididty, condensation,and since its a drinking establishment spec out the available lighting situation, and consider vandal/armor protection of your cams, from the energy aspect make sure you bond and protect all circuits, Florida is big time for lightning. Good luck and enjoy the sunshine.