cctvman

Mini Digital Recorder

Hey All,

A few weeks ago I found a great little device and just wanted to share it with all of you. Its a mini digital video recorder, it has AV in/out, and records via sd card. Its got the same dimensions as a standard business card and it about 1 cm in depth. Battery life is like 7 hours in record mode, more than enough. I bought a little CCTV bracket that has a spring loaded clip with a 1/4 thread at the end. The recorder is super light so i just bought a strut with a female 1/4 threaded hole and epoxied it to the back and screwed in the bracket.

It works out really well cause now i just clip the bracket onto the top of my suspeners that distributes the weight of my tool belt easily. When Im doing a walk through i just set it to record audio and video and i hook up a seperate bullet cam that uses the same type of bracket that is clipped onto the other side of my suspenders. This way i can always refer back and I find it makes things a lot easier in case i forget. Also its perfect for alligning camera positions because its just below shoulder height, and easy to adjust for a good view. The LCD is only 2.5" so Im sure all the pros here would say you cant begin to focus properly, which im willing to accept.

Its been working really great for me so far though and Im extremely happy with it.