Flopper

Calibur by Kalatel DVMRe-16CD

Hi everyone,

just joined this interesting site in the hope someone has an answer/solution/suggestion about the 3 following issues.

1: There does not seem to be an acces through a webinterface on this box. In the Device Menus, I do not find any reference to this, neither in the manuals. Is this an older model or does it need an upgrade?

2: Can I upgrade my DVMRe-16CD2x (that's what's on the bottom label)? If so, where can I get the flash? MUX and PPC version 3.07

3: I am unable to get a connection using: Setup - Setup DVMRe Menu - Get from DVMRe. My device is connected on a LAN with fixed IP, as well as as RS-232 connection. What is wrong, or better yet, what may I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Okay .. if you send me the IP and pass, I can check it out (Pm though).

If you have access via WaveReader then I should be able to connect to the developer's section on it, just cant rememer the URL off hand, I believe it is

http://10.10.10.10:1024/dev.ssi (where 10.10.. etc is your IP)

Otherwise I can dig through the info I have here or email a GE contact direct regarding that .. its been a while since I had to deal with a GE DVR.

It is probably too old for WaveBrowser, which are files that are installed on the new ones, and they can be added to older Triplex DVRs .. not sure about the Duplex models though.

Also I need the version number, when it boots up check the version and send me that.

Rory

Thanks for offering assistance.

I will open a port on the firewall for you to check, as for now it's only on LAN.

I do know the X.X.X.X:1024/dev.ssi does not work at all, however I do have acces with WaveReader (4.2.46)

On the box, via Monitor A or B, I can check the version and it says:

MUX version 3.07

PPC version 3.07

I will PM when ready.

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty certain that the old DVMRE CD "Duplex" units did not have a Web Browser interface. WaveReader only. And it is not possible to upgrade them to have the Web Browser interface since it's a completely different hardware platform to the later DVMRE CT "Triplex" models.

Couple more points to note

1) The old Duplex models could only be upgraded via RS232 using a program like Winflash...and of course you'd need the PPC and mux files.

2) The newer CT Triplex models were made to be flash upgraded over LAN using Internet Explorer.

Cheers,

PD

Hmm...unless somebody's posted them on the net (unlikely), I'd say the only place is their tech support line. I don't like the odds of that. It's a fairly old unit, that was discontinued a few years ago. Nice DVR in its day though, easy-to-use interface, decent image quality.

Flopper, I just emailed the GE contact and will see what they say.

Sorry wasn't done sooner but Ive been very very very busy ..

Thanks

Rory

I got a reply from GE, nope it cant be done, it is an older platform, it was only introduced in the newer CTs.

Bummer.

Thanks for trying rory, I really appreciate your help!

I think I will get rid of it and get me something 'modern'.

Marc

SBTVideoman, thanks for trying. Now, I can give up knowing it is not MY stupidity things don't work

Just watch out, cause the CT is not even the newer model these days ..

they have a couple other rather more expensive units now ..

Oh, I will be VERY carefull when looking for a similar product.

I got this one for free, so no harm done (to my wallet). I knew it was old, but the new ones don't look much better and also do not really server my purposes.

I'll continue my quest to find something that can function as a security recording device, as well as give access to view all CAM's through the web, selectable by a parameter.

I don't think it exists though... All those I find provide some kind of web based interface, but none a possibility to select just one specific stream.

Weel, I am trying out some combinations on a PC, but I don't know what is is with cam-drivers that they make them so unstable. Testing some well know apps like WebCamProXP etc. are just unreliable.

My second 'problem' is that I also have 3 SONY DV31 Cams, which have the S-VHS output, and most boxes or cards are BNC based.

Yeah but those Apps are created to work with Generic cards, cameras, etc while stuff like the Geo, VI, etc, only work with their cards .. hence they tend to be moe stable all around ..

Yeah you could get a SVHS-RCA convertor, not sure about one to BNC though .. but you could then get the RCA-BNC ..

Rory