moe

Remotely Zoom a Camera Over Network with Just a Zoom Lens

Hi all,

Is it possible to remotely zoom a camera over nework with just a zoom lens, not a PTZ camera?

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Yes there are countless variations of zoom lense cameras on the market with the ability to operate remotely through the use of a controller, some bullet cams have zoom lens sold with hard wired controllers, and there are stand alone box zoom cams that use a variety of industry protocols for control.

Yes there are countless variations of zoom lense cameras on the market with the ability to operate remotely through the use of a controller, some bullet cams have zoom lens sold with hard wired controllers, and there are stand alone box zoom cams that use a variety of industry protocols for control.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant remotely, as in over a network/internet. I edited my post.

Thanks

Well yes, if your DVR/software has the ability (most do) and you are networking configure your setup for remote zoom control of the camera. The communication devices employed, the hardwired configuration will depend on the DVR, stand alone or PC card and the protocol used.