tiborgh

Definition of "unacceptable camera performance"

One of the requirements for an upcomming CCTV installation is that “the poles and supports shall be sufficiently rigid to prevent unacceptable camera performance due to wind velocities ranging up to 110 kmh (65 mph)â€

“the poles and supports shall be sufficiently rigid to prevent unacceptable camera performance due to wind velocities ranging up to 110 kmh (65 mph)â€

OK, here is short example of what I mean: this is off a past State DOT cam Pole spec that was in bid back east, there is no refrence to picture quality or laguage deemed acceptable, however there is data in their design request that must be satisfied:

"camera pole shall be designed to support a CCTV Dome Camera Assembly load of up to 75 lb(34 kg), and 5.3 square feet (0.50 square meters) of area exposed to the wind. Maximum fully loaded deflection at the top of the pole with the CCTV Dome Camera assembly shall not exceed 1.5% of the pole height based upon a wind velocity of 90 mph (144 km/hr) witha 1.3 gust factor, or 0.5% of the pole height based upon a wind velocity of 40 mph 64 km/hr with a 1.3 gust factor." and then they put this little present in addendum: "The camera pole shall be designed to be free of harmful harmonic motion and vibrations and a Certificate of Compliance shall specifically address this requirement. Camera poles shall be provided with an internal vibration-dampening device to reduce harmonic camera movement in windy conditions." I think You should question your client to avoid any back charges. Get a detailed spec to what they want ,not some vague stipulation that leaves you at risk for call backs. Sorry I cant help you more on the camera end but I do know a little bout the construction end. Good Luck