Noon

Power supply question

Hi there,

Is a 12vdc regulated 500mA power supply ok for a 12vdc camera 150mA? Is the voltage what matters or the is it both?

both matter, but 500ma is not that high. Id try for a 200ma power supply if you can get one, or 300 ma.

both matter, but 500ma is not that high. Id try for a 200ma power supply if you can get one, or 300 ma.

rory is it high enough to damage the camera? and do you know where to get a multiple output power supply with these specs.?

how many cameras are there total?

Not sure, I wouldnt trust it myself, maybe someone else can voice their views on that, ive only ever used the supplies by the manufactuter or a multi power supply.

The important thing to look at is the Voltage. When talking Amps, you are typically looking at the MAXIMUM capabilities of the Power Supply. While you cannot put a 400mA PS on a camera that requires 500mA, the inverse is not true. The PS will only put out the amps required by that particular camera, up to it's maximum.

You should not have a problem using that PS with that camera.

Rory, they have a lot of other things that I might need also, a little pricey on certain things though. But hey the got the stuff . Thanks again.

Rory, they have a lot of other things that I might need also, a little pricey on certain things though. But hey the got the stuff . Thanks again.

Who Spytown??

Their prices are dealer prices, so unless you are a distributor, you wont generally find it cheaper, retail is much more also. Ive never bought from them but use their pricing list for info on other products, they have been around at least over 2 years since ive been looking.

Rory