Dee

home monitoring system - feedback please

I've been searching up CCTV Cameras and the DVR Cards and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what items I should be purchasing and are of decent quality imaging.

I have 5 motion sensored light around the house and want to have cameras situated near them and to record once any motion is detected and an audible alert to occur. I'd require 5 camera's (possibly infrared?) where 1 could possibly be situated in a tree 10 feet above the ground. I know previously from construction, some installers use RJ45 (cat5e) to run the feed to a DVR Computer etc. Power shouldn't be a problem I'm guessing if I tap into the motion light power source. The feed would need to be displayed on 3 different LCD Monitors with each being able to display an audible alert through the speakers and possibly sms to my mobile phone.

Could the cameras also be set to activate recording once the motion sensor comes on and with audible alert on only certain cameras? Or would this increase the cost of the entire system?

What would you suggest for such a home system? The lower the cost the better where remote viewing with audible alert would be great.

Thanks a bunch! Cheers!

- Dee