larry7995

High Quality Business System

My employers want to get into the security cam business and they are looking at Panasonic IP cameras such as the BB-HCM381A PoE jobber. They want to record our building for starters with perhaps 6 cameras continuously with 3 days of storage and then automatic writeover. They keep wanting to get a DVR with the IP camera. From what I know if you go IP then you run back to a midpan injector then a switch then a regular old computer with a network camera software and a couple 500GB hard drives. If you run the coax cameras and cables then you can run back to a power panel and a standalone DVR. So they are asking which way is better and I am asking here. If money is not an object for a business application (within reason) which way results in a higher quality system and what brands of equipment or software should I look at?

what makes them want to get into the business? and what business are they in currently?

Based off what you posted is seems to me that your employers have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before they need to jump into the security industry. Get some experience, training, and a general knowledge of functionality. Because what you posted gave me a headache just reading it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to expand a business to explore other markets. But you have to understand that unless you have a good knowledge of how to properly design, configure, and implement an EFFECTIVE system then you could be possibly really compromising the stability, security, and overall safety of the individuals that would be using this system.

Alot of people think that its no bid deal. But its protecting

Peoples lives

Property

Physical Assets

and everything else you can categorize.