rory

Low End DVRs with CDR

Nice links. Keep posting any new ones you find. If I run across any pricing will let you know. What about the All Digital Systems/CQ Max embedded pricing?

pricing is double, like $2000. Specs are good and they look great, but.... when you get up in that range for an embedded, may as well use a Kalatel or DM or similar, unless they are going to 'give' me a free test DVR, which they wont, only 10% off. May still look at it, would be easier for some one from this forum in cali to go in and test it out.

Rory

the dynacolor has a java based browser software, identical loading image as the Provideo DVR/16, but much clearer video and more of a remote video application, maybe they use the same web server, but just made it better than the one Provideo uses. Remote on the Provideo in multi screen is terrible, I mean you can really not make anything out, full screen is ok, but stil not great. I dont think its designed as a remote video device, but has the option if needed. The CDR is nice though.

will try to get my hands on the everfocus 16 channel stand alone DVR to test out on the network, its curently in use, but they are supposed to be changing it as it was sent by mistake, instead of a Kalatel which they paid for! Its a colleagues, not mine.

Played around with a 4 channel Dedicated Micros D4 by the way, its good, neat looking unit, but for $500+ more than the StoreSafe, with no CD built in, network software with less features, it is not worth it, on this side of the world, in the UK it could be, as maybe it is cheaper there being it is a UK product.

Rory

Any feedback on the dynacolor 16 channels?, looks neat, havent seen a decent 16 channel in a long time, ive been using the sys-tek ones. i just ordered one the other day, haven't had the time to test it. Cheers for the links rory