blowrabbit

Panasonic ptz wv-cs954

Shouldn't be a problem, I haven't used the DVRME but most DVR's nowadays have different available protocols for different PTZ's

In my shop right now, I have an ICRealtime controlling a Panasonic WV-CW964 PTZ. I can use the remote control for the dvr to pan/tilt/zoom or the network interface.

Now if you want to use the Panasonic WV-CU650 controller, you will need a panasonic specific dvr, but if your looking to control through the network, you shouldn't have a problem.

i dont have experience with a 954 and a ge dvrme. But i do have experience with a 954 and remote viewing. Pretty much exactly what ryan said. I would highly recommend getting the panasonic dvr as you it has up the coax control straight from the dvr.

so do I just connect the RJ-12 cable comming off the ptz and hook it up to the ge dvrme 's RS485 port or is it the RS232 port ? and hook up the coaxial for the video to my dvr, go to the menu in my dvr and change some protocals and thats it , i am ready to controll, configure and view the panasonic ptz remotely?

thank you for your help.

assuming that the dvrme does have panasonic protocol then yes you connect it to the rs485 port. But do not forget to set up the unit number baud rate, 4 line/2 line settings via the dip switches. I am sure you probably knew that but thought I would mention it before you put it up.

Hey i have seen it happean before!

One thing that may be an issue is that the 964 and the new 974 have auto tracking which may not be utilized if you don't have the Pana controller. In other words, you may lose some features. The new 974 has improved features with the auto tracking. The pana controller is pricey. The generic controller may work but don't count on it. I will be testing this in the near future.

if you are able to get into the menus then you should able to use the auto tracking. The 650 controller is well worth the $. We have sold several systems because friends of the person we installed one for would see and use the controller and cameras and would want exactly the same thing! It is like no other controller. Plus you get to feel like your flying a airline jet with the joystick!

the 974's advanced auto tracking will be able to distinguish direction of object and then will respond based of your pre configured settings. Also it will zoom in on objects and auto track if you want it to.