faf24

anykeeper locks compter after 5 hours

i have a dvr that i built from a dvr card from ebay (learned my lesson and next time i will buy a good old geovision). anyway i dont have enough money right now to buy a new geovision card. i was using anykeeper on my windows xp machine to record 4 cameras on my 240fps card. it freezes the whole computer after about 5 hours. i tried using the kd-net software also and the same problem. any suggestions

windows xp pro

16ch dvr 240fps (uses 2 pci cards)

768MB ram

2.8GHZ Celeron

1. You will not get much help (e-bay card)

2. You more than likely have a clone card and software.

3. We need more information?

A. Motherboard brand and model.

B. Motherboard chicpset.

C. Video card or type.

4. Version of capture card and software.

i am not sure if my software is bootleg because the cd is not like a cd-rw it is actually a pressed cd but i dont know about the card. i got it from lammensco on ebay (cameraimport) and i think it was a dvr-2800. it has 2 pci cards connected with a ribbon cable to a header. 16 video 8 audio.

i tried KD-Net 2.50.16.0 i was trying to record 4 channels of video. i set it up and it records and the computer responds but when i come back the next day the computer is completly frozen. no response from anything. i am using the onboard video chipset. before using kdnet i was using anykeeper which came with the card version. The only other software on the machine is the software for my ELO touchscreen i am using this with.

The cd that came with the card is labeled LW-WDT

adding some details:

motherboard/chipset: MSI PM8M-V Socket 478 VIA P4M800

power supply: Echostar a power gold deluxe 580 Watt

80GB Western Digital (set on recycle)

The main problem I see there is the via motherboard ..

I actually just built a PC using the PM8PM-V .. a Micro ATX version ..

But it was going to just be for home use .. also I do currently have a GeoVision Gv250 in it, but that GV250 is more like a Generic card .. works in anything; as opposed to their other cards.

I dont know the one you mentioned, but maybe it is similar to the other Geo cards where they have issues with anything but an Intel chipset ...

also, the onboard video on the one i have is pretty lame .. i can barely trust that with 2 cameras, let alone 16, plus it doesnt have overlay .. though mine has S3 graphics, while yours says Via Graphics .. not sure if that is the same or not .. anyway .. so your issues might just be there. I would look at getting your hands on an AGP video card and disable the onboard. Then see what happens.

Rory you are right no via or sis chipsets that card is like the magic radar cards. Intel chipset ati graphics (touch screen never seen that on a dvr, the hard drive needs to be setup to 2 patitions C: boot and what ever is next the cdr or dvd plus 80 gig is not going to last long 4k X fps X number of cameras= not very long. I know these work.

GIGABYTE GA-8I865GME-775

ASUS P5PE-VM LGA 775

Foxconn 865G7MF-SH LGA 775

Stick with the basics nothing fancy

I doubt most here would know the difference, anykeeper isnt a well used brand around here ... but you could post a photo and maybe someone else may know ..

But its easier to go by price .. what did you pay for it brand new?

Rory

That sounds way too cheap for a 240fps card, but it could just be Anykeeper..

As I dont know the actual price of anykeeper cards ..

Maybe PM me the sellers link .. just to double check ..

Thanks

Rory

ok i tried a few things and i am still having problems. i found an agp mx400 geforce 2 video card and tried that, and its still freezing. I also tried to reformat using 1 partition for windows and another just for camera recordings. It froze then also. Finally i disabled all the services on startup and it still locked. i am becomming a little discouraged. if noone has anymore advice i will try the cards in a different machine and see what happens. thanks

I would try it in a different PC at this point, one with an Intel Chipset though.

Im not sure I would buy a whole new PC for it though ..

i think i am just going to get a geovision card. are the older models ok? i need a 16ch video 8 audio card.

ok i am trying out the old card in an intel based pc i got. I wanted to post some images of the card so here are the links to the pictures of it. I thought they might help.

I cant post them directly because of the 10 post rule but if you go to picturetrail and type in faf24 there the only 2 pictues i have.

Oh no!

Not another bt878 chip.

I think Geo are the only company that ever got anything decent out of

those pesky things.

Via chipsets are usually a problem.

May work with Zoneminder but don't expect more than a few frames per second per channel.

So its been a while but i finally upgraded the system. i got a intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz. via motherboard and a mx4000 video card with 1 GB ram and a 500GB SATA harddrive. i still am getting the lockups. i was fairly certain this large upgrade would fix the problem. any more suggestions? i also switched to windows 2000 pro.

You mentioned a Via Motherboard, does it have a Via Chipset? Sometimes it will work fine, sometimes not, more times not though. Its best to always stick with an Intel Chipset.

Could just be a bad card, or if the software is not legit you may also experience those issues (hacked drivers related to the DVR card hardware)

Ok I have had troubles installing this anykeeper card on everything except an Athlon XP 2500+ to a 3400+ processing computer...

forget about forcing a pentium 4 computer to work with it... unless

if your really unwilling to trade out for an athlon XP system, you will

need to disable hyperthreading in the BIOS, BEFORE you install the

operating system... once windows XP has the hyperthreading kernals

installed it will LOCK up after 5 or more cameras are activated in the

anykeeper program... even 4 cameras working runs really shoddy.

Anyways I am here because I am looking to see if anyone has gotten

the card to network to the internet yet... I am trying to figure this out

for my client who will probably not pay me $1000 due to the fact he is

leaving town for 2 months and wants to watch his house remotely.

when i click the network button in anykeeper.. I need to set the

TCP/IP address, TCP/IP port (defaulted at 8013), username and password... and so my customer is on a broadband DSL account...

but I cannot get it to connect, I tried the statip IP addy, with thier

DSL username and password.. still no connecting... Hmm I even tried

giving it my own domain name server IP with the ftp username and password.. lol not connecting...

wtf do I do?