bike_rider

GV and autotracking PTZ?

I was wondering through the manual and found a section that implies that with 2 cameras, a fixed and a PTZ, the GV could be setup to control the PTZ to track somthing moving through the view of the fixed camera. Has anyone used this feature?

I can think of some issues, but it is an interesting idea.

when you buy a new geovision card with v8.1 you will get a tutorial disc with it that will show you a demo of this.......I think rory just posted it on here.........look up

when you buy a new geovision card with v8.1 you will get a tutorial disc with it that will show you a demo of this.......I think rory just posted it on here.........look up

Yup. The question, has anyone used it and does it work?

I use Pelco Spectra 3 and it works very well indeed.

Very easy to setup, you can choose detection regions and sensitivity,anthing that moves it will zoom right in and follow it.

Very easy to setup, you can choose detection regions and sensitivity,anthing that moves it will zoom right in and follow it.

I guess that is the heart of my question: When it tracks something, does it also zoom in/out as the object gets closer or further away?

For example, If you cover a street and somebody is walking down the sidewalk on the far side and they cross the street how does it behave? Does it zoom a predetermined amount or does it zoom until the object fills the image?

Thanks

I guess that is the heart of my question: When it tracks something, does it also zoom in/out as the object gets closer or further away?

For example, If you cover a street and somebody is walking down the sidewalk on the far side and they cross the street how does it behave? Does it zoom a predetermined amount or does it zoom until the object fills the image?

Thanks

It zooms till the object fills the image then tracks it.

It can be set to to dwell/track for a predermined number of seconds also you can set maximum/minimun object sizes within geo to avoid false alarms as well as mask the detection zones.

The Pelco also handles darkness very well, with a small degree of street lighting the image is crystal clear,and no i'm not affiliated to pelco