antonylord

Footage directly of Swann DVR HD

We have a Swan DVR 4 Net Plus which we've had dramas getting some footage off (see post elsewhere).

If I take the HD out and put it in an external USB enclosure we can use Swann's software to "scan" the drive (even though it doesn't mount in XP). The scan is slow and very hard to scroll through the footage to find what you want coupled with the AVI dump seems to be at a much lower quality then the recording itself.

Anyone got any ideas as to if its possible to get the raw data off the HD in a usable format?

Cheers, Antony.

1x PC w/ Video Capture card

Plug the DVR's monitor output into the Capture card input.

Play back the video you wish to record, and as you would record TV using the capture card's software, record that video.

Alternatively you could download AmCap or VidCap and use those for raw AVI capture without compression (or with if you can get that to work), they will be huge, but then you can always convert them to other formats using Windows Movie Maker or other software.

You could also simply setup a VCR or other recording device and use it in the same way.

I had a client that used this method all the time to create VCR tapes for the courts here.

Rory

The problem is the bug doesn't allow me to play (all) the vision back on the DVR - in a nutshell each time there is motion an 'event' get recorded but the system can only show 999 events (or 999 pages).

Hence why I'm trying to get it directly off the DVR HD...