I bought Kodicom DVR board 4 to 16 channel throught E bay. The model number is KMC4400R.

I think the serial number is SKY-416 06090860498

The driver is installed but the software SITE does not work. I send an Emal to the seller and he sent me another CD from Hongkong!!!

But still the software (SITE) does not work. I have windows XP 512 RAM and 2.4 GHz.

I also tried to install the software on other computer but does not work. What am I missing I mean the specification for the computer.

Thanks,

If you are in the UK then consider the Vguard-VG8C-XP-TV-PCI-Card.

You will need two for 16 channel.

Otherwise I would suggest Geo.

Either way you will get something that works with good software and gives results better than many professional standalone DVRs.

If these are out of your price range then take a look at Zoneminder

They have some cards on their site but don't expect too much in terms of performance. If all you need is a few frames per second per channel they will do the job.

There are other cards that may work but finding a good one amongst those that come from the far East is a bit of a lottery.

Regards

Edited by Guest

what exactly was the problem you were having?? ,, you may want to check to make sure you have a motherboard with an intel chipset. Also you need to have an ati video card to work properly. one last thing, make sure you have a partition or seperate drive to save the video to, it cannot share the c: drive.

when run for the first time there is a window behind the splash screen asking how many cameras to set up for, try pressing enter a few times. then it should go.