Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

extend existing camera outputs

One of our locations wants to free up a server room and I would like to extend the video another 500 feet using some kind of amp. Power supply would stay in orginal server room with the signal only sent to new server location. I have looked all over the web but am having problems locating a 16 in and 16 out amp I will eventually have to send signal from 32 cameras to the new location

One of our locations wants to free up a server room and I would like to extend the video another 500 feet using some kind of amp. Power supply would stay in orginal server room with the signal only sent to new server location. I have looked all over the web but am having problems locating a 16 in and 16 out amp I will eventually have to send signal from 32 cameras to the new location

The Pelco CM9760-MDA has cable compensation for RG-59 up to 1,500 ft. A little pricey and maybe overkill, but it is 16 in by 4 out. I believe it needs to be at the end termination, though, not in the middle. You could splice the cables and put the MDA at the new server location.