ravenss

Wireless transmission of 16ch DVR

Hi, I've been asked by a customer that he needs to send his DVR signal to a guard post outside on the parking lot. The office that houses the DVR is about 250 feet away and I'm giving feet away. From the office to the guard post there is a direct line of sight by a window that's 8 feet up. I have checked the Videocomm TCO-5808 desktop system. Has anybody got another idea I can use?

I don't have a good wireless answer for you, but does the guard shack have a phone line in it? Many times telco cables are run in six pair strands or larger. If there is available pair, a twisted pair solution may work.

Yes, I'm using the monitor output. I've checked prairietech but it it's too big. The guard post is for a rentacop guarding a parking lot of a residential building, he's not even armed. I'll keep looking into Videocomm because they have small equipment that can be inside rooms. The price might come out about the same between both, is just Videocomm might give me plug and play.

Have a look at the SmartSight S1000 from Verint. It comes in 2.4Ghz, 5.4-5.8Ghz small, uses approx 0.5A and goes for about 3-4k. Encryption. Expensive for a coupla hundred feet. But if you're looking at Videocomm....

If you want cheap like a guard hut. You could always try the 900MHz to 2.4Ghz band equipment. No encryption. Cheap. Weather will probably play a factor in those, and reduce BW. Also, if your in a downtown core, try the 5.4GHZ and up.

If at all possible, 250', pull a wire.

We used some of the videocom stuff and it worked great for our application we bought it at securitystores in Toronto.

Cheers

Bill