bola09

[b]Remote Vision Over Web Problems[/b]

I read this forum extensively for solution to this problem before I made this posting.

I just setup my GeoVision card for home security and everything is working well except the remote viewing over the web. Remote viewing over the LAN woks with no problems.

My settings are as follows:

1. GeoVision Card 1120

2. Router is Zywall 5 with all the appropriate ports forwarded. As stated above, LAN remote views are flawless.

3. Window firewall is off on the GeoVision Server.

4. ActiveX is enabled in the remote machines. I have so far tried three PC from two different locations.

Specifics of the Problems:

1. I am able to log on to the remote server with no error message. So, authentication is okay.

2. The GeoVision remote viewing software is loaded without any problem.

3. The camera icon showed the entire camera but no pictures is displayed. The screen is just blue.

Any help is appreciated.

Kola.

Remote viewing over the LAN means the DVR is good, look to your router. Perhaps you don't have a port open. You should have the following forwaded:80or81 or whatever you like, 4550, 5550, and 6550 by default, for Multiview and it's features to work. If you've done all of this properly, then it sounds like a codec issue. Did you install the Geo codecs?

THe installed video codec are: Wavelet, mpoeg4, Geo mpeg4 and Ge H2645.

The following pots are forwarded from the rounter NAT to the Geovision Server: 83 (I changed this from 80 and it worked within the LAN), 4550, 5550, 6550 and 21. I know the pot 21 was not required but I believe I read somewhere where someone mentioned that it shoud be included and he I included.

Am I still missing anything in my configurations?

Kola

I got it working. The only changes I made was to change pot 83 to 89. I am not sure while, but this fix it. So, if anyone has similar problems, it might be worthwhile to play around with different pots.

Thansk all,

Kola

I've noticed that a lot of ISP's will block certain ports, say port 80 usually to keep customers from self-hosting sites, etc and grabbing too much bandwidth. Our local ISP here in CA, USA did that. As soon as we changed from port 80 to 8000. All worked. Might have been a problem like that. My 2 cents.

I've noticed that a lot of ISP's will block certain ports, say port 80 usually to keep customers from self-hosting sites, etc and grabbing too much bandwidth. Our local ISP here in CA, USA did that. As soon as we changed from port 80 to 8000. All worked. Might have been a problem like that. My 2 cents.