ml585

Hard disk full with recorded data - Help

Hi

My hard disk is full with recorded data , how can I make the hard disk starting recording from the beginning automatically ?

Kodicom dvr card , diginet .

Thanks

I’m not familiar with your card. However, most I've encountered have a setting in the tools or settings for setting the amount of disk space you want to use for recording various functions. One setting should be to overwrite when the disk is full.

Hello,

There should be a setting that says overwrite when full, or stop when HDD is full. Can you send me a manual on this? This would be helpful. Thanks

well, from what i found from internet i can see that there is a function call "set term to keep stored data" but in my Diginet version i cannot found it, and everytime it keep hang on the PC when the HDD space is full...

I call up the supplier and they told me that it will automatically delete previous recorded video even you don't have this function. So i really fed up...

I don’t know anything about Diginet but, found this on one of their sites under FAQ.

"What happens when my hard disk is full? Normally the system will begin to overwrite the recorded image files, oldest first. You can choose for recording to cascade from one drive to another ( i.e if the "C" drive is full, the system can begin to write on the "D" drive), if you have more than one hard drive."

Maybe it’s just as simple as telling it, or clicking on, what drive you want it to continue recording to. For example C to C, C to D and so on??? If the settings allow, I would think if one set it to record from C to C it would continually over right on the C drive.

Just a thought that will hopefully help