richardlee

Isis DVR: Remote Viewing

Hi

Just got a DVR card with the ISIS software. Everything seems to work fine but trying to setup remote access is proving difficult:

So far I have got the ISIS setup to use Web Server port 81 and main port 9091. I have a belkin router which I have set to redirect ports 9091 and 81 to 192.168.2.4:9091 and 81. 192.168.2.4 is the local address of my computer.

I can access the system from my computer by typing 192.168.2.4:81 into IE no problem but when I put my IP address:81 into IE I get nothing! I presume it's a router setting that's causing this.

Also, another strange thing, while trying to set this up whenever I plug the DVR computer into the router now it knocks my main machines internet and access to the router off. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome!

Thanks

Richard

Let me guess you bought this card off e-bay. I will not state the sellers name but it is a clone card and the software came on a blank cdr disk. The only help I will give you is read the manual. These clone cards cost us (The Security Industry) We have to buy original cards with original software not to mention schools state fees plus all the other cost. We do this so we get tech support and training on setting up the cards and software. Sorry but this is all the help I can give you is call the seller and read the manual.

why did you set the router to forward to the :port#, you only need to set the port to forward to the actual IP, once you are through that port you no longer need to direct it to the port IE:

Port forwarding port 81 would require you to forward port :81 to your static ip for example 192.168.10.2 not 192.168.10.2:81, once pert forwrding is set up, you do not need to use the port number unless connecting from outside and the forwarding only requires the number without the port info.

Your net might be going down becasue they may be already using that port for internet, try a higher number.

why did you set the router to forward to the :port#, you only need to set the port to forward to the actual IP, once you are through that port you no longer need to direct it to the port IE:

Port forwarding port 81 would require you to forward port :81 to your static ip for example 192.168.10.2 not 192.168.10.2:81, once pert forwrding is set up, you do not need to use the port number unless connecting from outside and the forwarding only requires the number without the port info.

Your net might be going down becasue they may be already using that port for internet, try a higher number.

Thanks for your help with this. In the Belkin setup I merely added the followng settings under Virtual Servers:

Local Lan IP: 192.168.2.4

Protocol: Both

LAN Port: 81

Public Port: 81

Should the LAN port be blank?

Thanks

Richard