I never told you to reboot the router.

Probably a good idea after changing it's config.

You can just pull the plug on it.

Do you have Norton, McAgfee, Sonos or other antivirus but more specifically firewall?

If you do kill them or set execptions in them too.

Also:

In the router change the "source port" to "any" and leave the destinations as they are.

If that works your router has BS firmware and should be replaced.

If that doesn't work I'm thinking it's because your router has BS firmware and should be replaced.

Also:

In the router change the "source port" to "any" and leave the destinations as they are...

Even for the port 81 to 80? (80's blocked on the router) I did it, tell me if I should undo for 80.

Do you have Norton, McAgfee, Sonos or other antivirus but more specifically firewall?

Nope, none of 'em.

I never told you to reboot the router...

Will do. It'll be done within 5 minutes of this posting.

Try again to get in if you want.

Also:

---------

Here's the rundown of the Port Forwarding changes I made to the router:

-- "Specify Public IP Address" box is checked and I entered the IP of the router into the text feild

-- "Networked Computer / Device:" chose the dropdown menu for "Specific address" and I entered the IP of the DVR computer

-- "Rule name" display is as follows:

Protocol Server Ports

TCP Any -> 80

TCP Any -> 1159

TCP Any -> 1259

TCP Any -> 13551

-- "WAN Connection Type": drop down box is set to - "All Broadband Devices"

(other choices are "WAN PPPOE," "WAN PPPOE2," "Broadband Connection Ethernet," and "Broadband Connection Cable")

-- "Forward to Port:" drop down box is set to - "Same as incoming port"

(other choice is "Specify")

-- "When should this rule occur ?" is set to "Always"

--------------------

Thanks again.

Also:

In the router change the "source port" to "any" and leave the destinations as they are...

Even for the port 81 to 80? (80's blocked on the router) I did it, tell me if I should undo for 80.

Try again to get in if you want.

Also:

---------

Here's the rundown of the Port Forwarding changes I made to the router:

-- "Specify Public IP Address" box is checked and I entered the IP of the router into the text feild

Uncheck this, this will cause other issues later on. The ISP will not hold that address for you unless you are paying for a static address.

-- "Networked Computer / Device:" chose the dropdown menu for "Specific address" and I entered the IP of the DVR computer

Good.

-- "Rule name" display is as follows:

Protocol Server Ports

TCP Any -> 80

TCP Any -> 1159

TCP Any -> 1259

TCP Any -> 13551

Looks right, for now. Expect to need to change them from "any".

-- "WAN Connection Type": drop down box is set to - "All Broadband Devices"

(other choices are "WAN PPPOE," "WAN PPPOE2," "Broadband Connection Ethernet," and "Broadband Connection Cable")

Leave as is

-- "Forward to Port:" drop down box is set to - "Same as incoming port"

(other choice is "Specify")

You might make one rule for Any>"Same as incoming port">192.168.1.6

-- "When should this rule occur ?" is set to "Always"

Correct.

I realize it makes little sence to forward all extrenal ports to a specific internal port. Usually I would never do this however in wading through people complaining about Actiontec routers I have found some doing it this way. They also have multiple ports.

Make sure on the router's "General" page the security is set to "Typical Security"

Uncheck this, this will cause other issues later on. The ISP will not hold that address for you unless you are paying for a static address.

Done, don't have a static address.

You might make one rule for Any>"Same as incoming port">192.168.1.6

Not following you here, sorry. If I change it from "Same as incoming port" to "Specify" -- there appears a text field capable of inputing 5 digits. I'm not sure what to do here?

Make sure on the router's "General" page the security is set to "Typical Security"

Done.

-- Also, on the "Port Forwarding Rule" page in the router setup is an entry setting that says: "HT*edit*TP - Web Server TCP Any -> 80" but I don't remember setting that. There is a button to delete it, should I?

Thanks bro.

-- Also, on the "Port Forwarding Rule" page in the router setup is an entry setting that says: "HT*edit*TP - Web Server TCP Any -> 80" but I don't remember setting that. There is a button to delete it, should I?

Thanks bro.

Has that been there the whole time?

Are there any other entries?

Thanks bro.

Has that been there the whole time?

Are there any other entries?

Sorry to say, I just don't know. Probably not. Between the Verizon tech and the Swann tech some "unknowns" were attempted.

Should I delete it?

There are no other entries that I haven't mentioned.

Thanks!

EDIT: I deleted the "HT*edit*TP - Web Server TCP Any -> 80" function.

Try and see if you can get in now?

I think you DON'T need to add the [:81] to the end of the IP address anymore?

Make sense?

Still no luck.

You router has about the worst reputation I have seen.

I have seen threads on portfoward.com, broadbandreports.com and several gaming/filesharing forums.

Many many never get port forwarding working properly.

You make be stuck swapping the router or putting the DVR in the DMZ.

Still no luck.

You router has about the worst reputation I have seen.

I have seen threads on portfowarddotcom, broadbandreportsdotcom and several gaming/filesharing forums.

Many many never get port forwarding working properly.

You make be stuck swapping the router or putting the DVR in the DMZ.

Yeah, it's getting kind of ridiculous. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

It sucks because my hopes and intentions and the money I spent trying to set this up are all going to go by the wayside.

Technology sucks, LOL.

I'll try push both Swann and Verizon to take another crack at it and then, I'll be hung out to dry.

Is there a way to "broadcast" these cameras to a website and then just browse to that site for remote viewing?

Anyway, thanks Collin for your help, I really appreciate your time and effort. I'll still come around and if I do find a fix, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hopefully, I can repay the favor somehow.

I finally gained remote access, better late than never -- I'm posting this in the hope that someone else can benefit from my headaches:

I followed Collin R's instructions as posted in this thread but added the UDP protocol for the same forwarded ports and changed the port in the DVR program to 8080 (which we tried before unsuccessfully). I don't know why, but it works and that's all that matters.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Here's my summary, I'll try to tweak it the coming days to be more exact as I'm sure many more will users come to this site with this same problem as Verizon FIOS continues to grow and becomes available in more areas:

================================

Port Forwarding For Remote Viewing with Swann PC DVR-4-Net Card with Port 80 blocked by ISP (Verizon FIOS)

On the router:

1. Use your internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1

2. Username: Admin Password: password

3. Click Firewall Settings in the on the top bar.

4. Click Port Forwarding from the left column.

5. Click the Red "Add" link.

6. Under "Networked Computer/Device" enter computer name or network IP address

7. Under "Protocol" click the Red "Add" link.

8. Click the red "Add Server Ports" link.

9. In the Drop down menu for Protocol, select TCP

10. Make the follwing changes:

TCP Any -> 13551

TCP Any -> 1259

TCP Any -> 1159

TCP Any -> 80

In the Drop down menu for Protocol, select UDP

Make the follwing changes:

UDP Any -> 80

UDP Any -> 1159

UDP Any -> 1259

UDP Any -> 13551

WAN connection type: All Broadband Devices

11. Click "Ok" Exit out of program saving all changes along the way. On the "Add Port Forwarding Rule" Menu, Click Ok.

12. In the DVR program, go to basic Configuration page (wrench icon) and change HTTP Port to 8080

You're done!