panthrb

zoom,focus hookup on old lens.

Wanted to know if an older zoom lens(5.5-50) can be hookup up to a speco tn8 series Dvr. They are vicons which use one wire for zoom,one for focus, one iris and green for common. It hooks up to a C mount camera and works good with the old controler. It is DC volts to. The speco has rs232 and rs485 hook up. Try to email speco but know response. I have pics but wasnt sure if i was aloud to put them up.

Also any info on the differances between 232, 485 and ways to hook up for mutiple camera.

Thank you

They are vicons which use one wire for zoom,one for focus, one iris and green for common

well, it depends.... from your description they sound like fully manual, hardwire-remote-controlled lenses. i don't know of anything that can automate those functions for you, if that's what you're looking for.

You would need to find out what telemetry protocols your dvr supports, and see if you can get a telemetry receiver for it, the telemetry receiver is to receive the rs485 commands from the controller, and then output the voltages for the pan/tilt/zoom etc.