Squintz

HAWK-145IRCB/8 - IR Color bullet camera

I just setup my first CCTV system. I wrote an elaborate post about it but since I am new it was not acceptable and got lost. So here is the shorter version and my questions.

EverFocus EDSR1600/500 -Duplex DVR

HAWK-145IRCB/8 - IR Color bullet camera

You can view the cam at squintz DOT no-ip DOT com port 88. Sorry but I am new so URLs are not allowed. use guest for username and password

Questions:

1) Why does the color on this camera look great but the night vision is very poor outdoors. Indoors the nightvision was acceptable. I am thinking I need an IR array to help improve the image. But I don't want to wash out the image with too much IR light. So how much is enough? I have an 8mm lens with just enough angle to view two cars at close range.

2) I want to see the details of a persons face if they are walking near my cars. Is there a camera in the $300 range or less that small like the bullet cams that will give me that type of quality at night?

3) How did I do on chosing my DVR? I was told it was a great deal for $950 and it had all the features I wanted. I would have prefered Triplex but duplex is good enough. I am not crazy about the java interface but it works.