magpie

Pixalating picture on my jvc dome

Can anyone tell me what would cause my camera picture to show fixed colour pixals to show

Basicaly it looks as if there are colourful stars in the picture especialy at night

I say fixed as they stay the same what ever i do , zoom pan tilt they remain.

cheers

If the dont move or change at all when you pant/tilt/zoom, then its not marks on the lens or housing, sounds more like the ccd has gone bad. Pixels can go on a ccd, nothing I know of can fix it, once its happened its happened.

Not easily.... Or cheaply, especially on a dome camera.

Box cameras are usually easier, as you can usually just unscrew the front and unplug the ccd and replace it (if you happen to have an IDENTICAL spare front) -but even then there is no gaurantee it will work as well as the original, as the board wont have been calibrated to the ccd sensor.

One possiblity if the camera has a removable lens, is dust on the ccd sensor, but that would show up as black pixels, not colours.

Not familiar with your JVC, but some dome cams have the camera as a all in one unit screwed/bolted onto the pan / tilt mech inside. If you can get the replacement internal camera then you could replace that. But its probably fiddly, lots of easy to break ribbon cables and connectors, plus the cost of a brand new replacement part like that may be more than a new dome...

(unless you can get one second hand that has a perfect cam, but broken pan tilt or something, and just take what you need - the cam...)

If its under warranty, it may be possible to send it back (not sure what the generic warranty terms are for dead ccd pixels).

I have a plettac with a couple of dead pixels, I just ignore them, as it does not really affect the image badly.

Cheers people..

I think its gonna be left for now... during the day its fine, I can ignore it, but the night times a little harder to ignore as it looks as if the cams facing the stars and someone coloured them in

the model is a JVC TKC675E picture below

432054123_roadin_2007-04-07_16h55m59s.922ms.jpg.262c67590ca026371aa21322de8543ab.jpg

to me, that looks more like snow rather than just a few stuck pixels.... when you watch the real-time video, does the pattern of stuck pixels remain fixed or do they tend to move around? it's pretty normal to have a few stuck pixels that always remain in the same color state with older cams, but if the pixels are moving around then you have other problems.....

they remain the same, as though its dust particals only colourfull ones lol

same place without change even when zoomed in or panning ect

is this a PC DVR? Is it just one single camera or all cameras?

I had the same exact thing with one PC DVR i built using an MSI board, and when I changed the motherboard, it was fine. Dont know still what the issue was, updated everything, just had to be a bad motherboard, as no matter what Video card that was placed in it, CPU changed, totally different cameras, etc, same thing. But mine effected all cameras, it came and went, got worse over time, sometimes was worse and sometimes only effected part of the video or video windows, even in the blank screen section where there was video loss or no camera connected. Possibly was something to do with the PCI express slot, or PCI bus. Formatting over and over again and changing all Bios settings, video settings, etc, did nothing to fix the problem.

It was a Geo system in my case.

So in the end it was the motherboard, not the cameras nor the DVR card.

The same motherboard works fine now otherwise, for a home PC.

Plug the camera into a TV and see if it still gives the effect, this will rule out whether it is the camera.

Hi

I have 4 cameras in total but only the ptz one is affected with this pixal problem.

I tried a direct connect with TV but still the same.

The lense is clean and unmarked i am wondering if there is contamination on the sensor ?

dust or condensation...

other than the pixal problem the unit works well

dust on the lens will cause little dots like that also.

Corse its a PTZ so you cant just swap the lens, i would try cleaning that first if you havent already. Also dust can get on the Chip or behind the lens, if it was handled incorrectly, and that will also cause spots. That would not normally happen unless you removed the lens though., unless it came dirty from the manufacturer or retailer.

What brand is it?

I would try cleaning the lens first, just the front part, if it is still bad, then return the camera as you dont want to mess with the rest of it, plus it could be something actually faulty.

Its a JVC TKC675E

I dont have the option of sending it back unfortunatly as it is 7 years old now lol

I will have a go at cleaning the lense again. I can live with the fault but would like to fix it if i can

I appreciate the help from you guys though

cheers " title="Applause" />