rem

improve web transmition with AVTech AVC781

Hi, I'm new to DVR and recently bought an AVTech AVC781. Internet bandwidth is a luxury where I live, so I got 256Kbps on a cablemodem. When connected to the DVR from my computer over the lan with the app (video server E), i've noticed that the bandwidth utilization (lan) goes up to 1.6 Mbps with up to 20-to-21 fps. When connected remotely over internet @256Kbps (128kbps for upload) I can only get nearly 2fps with low quality/resolution images.

Does anyone have the same bandwidth limitations and found a way to optimize this?

I've found that, when playing back, backup images, they are recorded at 720x480 resolution, so I'm wonderin if the dvr is set to transmit at the same resolution and that's whats making this less efficient.

Any comment is wellcomed.

IIRC that transmits MJPEG, you can transcode that if you like.

Whats your budget?

The other option is reducing the resolution to CIF, I wouldn't suggest this.

Tks for the reply. Can you elaborate more on the transcoding option? Also, i´ve been trying to find information regarding the CIF format. Can you explain?

rem

ok... got it!

in this case, what would be the transcoder suggestion? Any particular box? How would it be connected?

Tks, for your reply.

CIF is 320 pixels wide and 240 pixels tall.

240p !!! WOW

A transcoder, a good one, can take basically any video format in and spit it back out as any other kind of video or even still images in series.

So MJPEG @ 320x240 30fps in can come out as H.264 @ 160x120 5fps which even cell phones should be able to handle.