guillermofalcon

Gsite and Datacapture V3

Gsite and Datacapture V3

one question:.. does anybody captured a pole display from a G-Site POS? i'm trying but.... no advance.. i have seen the VSI Pro and it works great! what's the difference it is rs232.... please help!!

It goes from POS>Printer not POS>customer display as I think you have it configured. Of at least thats how every data capture I have used worked.

If you format the data correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

However you are taking devices specifically used to interface with printer standards.

Find the exact spec for the Pole display (Baud rates, etc...) You may then have to send in the garbled text to geo along side with what the test should have read. Thye did one for us for another pos brand and it works great.

ok .. update...

i went on the VSI pro (Text Inserter) site and found this:

RJ45 <------->DB9

2----------------2

4----------------5

i tried.. but still ... non working.. i think i'm gonna quit on this.. if anybody knows.... please... Have a great Weekend Everybody.

You will need to know the pin out of the pole display, the reason is that the pole display if it has no power to it, will be drawing power through the pin out, putting capture box on it could actually wreck the device becaseu power is going through it....I have heard of this numerous times...the other thing is that pole displays rarely have standard pin outs....IE 1 might go to 1 on standard 232 but 1 might be power for the pole display...find out which pin outs are being used for data transfer or return data and match them to the Geo capture device and cut the cables that have power in them.