Sign in to follow this  
koko

divisdvr

I have been using only Divis dvr cards for about 5 years now.

I love them, and I've built about 35 systems using them.

They work great and are very stable if the o.s. and pc hardware are correct.

As for the guy who is using the divis hardware compression borads....

They are great for local recording in real time, but they don't stream video across the network or internet as fast as the cpture or live capture boards.

I can watch video across the internet using a software compression board and have better frame rate than a hardware board over the local network.

The hardware boards use much less of your dvr pc's resources, and allow for non-interlaced capture, which you will only find an advantage when trying do record a license plate on a fast moving vehicle. You cannot get real time 15pfs or above with the hardware boards across a network.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to reply.

Dan Hinkelman - owner of Secure Technical Solutions in Pittsburgh, PA.

i also have used divis boards... i have one system with software compression and one with hardware.. it does seem the software based one has "better" record quality.. and the hardware one seems more grainy on playback..

Why is this? I thought that hardware would have been better?

whats difference between the livecap and others? hardware based ones

i also have used divis boards... i have one system with software compression and one with hardware.. it does seem the software based one has "better" record quality.. and the hardware one seems more grainy on playback..

Why is this? I thought that hardware would have been better?

whats difference between the livecap and others? hardware based ones

Hardware compression isn't necessarily going to give you better quality of image. All it's going to do is the compression on the board itself, putting less strain on the system's CPU. And it's a solution that arrived after it's time.

I demo'd their units a while back actually. Also have a few NUUO units in my facility now testing and those things kick ass!

Thanks,

John

is it me or is there a noticeable difference in playback quality of a hardware based card vs a software based one? Software based seems to look better.

both divis boards i have 1-8ch software based(3 years old), and a hardware based mpg board. both have same good quality live playing.. per the software. but if i playback hardware based one its more "processed" and more pixelitated.