troubled

Smartviewer 2.0 messed up ???

Hello,

I've a standalone DVR Samsung SHR 2082N and it's working great but I installed the software Smartviewer on a PC that is connect to the LAN (the DVR is connected to a router).

On the Smartviewer 2.0 under the settings options the DVR SETUP tab is dimmed and doesn't let me configure the IP address.

I tried everything but it's no good.

Please help me

Thank you

The IP address is setup in "Site Setup" tab. Click on the DVR in the DVR list, and then click on modify. You will be able to add or change the IP address.

The DVR setup tab is only active when already logged in as admin.

Thanks for your help Tony,

Ok now I can see the setup for the IP, I entered the same IP address on the DVR Standalone and the same on the Smartviewer (192.168.0. but it doesn't work. I can't connect to the standalone.

Please tell what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Louis

well it sounds like a networking issue. I assume that your DVR is local to your network? or are you trying to access over the internet.

You probably have an IP adress conflict. What kind of router are you using? Whats the IP of the router? Are you using DHCP? What range of adresses are assigned to dynamic if so? Try setting the DVR to 192.168.1.200. You may need to reboot the DVR afterwards.

Also, make sure the ports match in the DVR and the SmartViewer setup, the default is 555, 556, 557,558 I think. You can also try moving the ports up to 994, 995,996,997 see if that helps.

If this is confusing to you try getting someone with networking background to help.

Thank you,

Now it's working. Finally I can watch my cams on my computer. The problem was that on the Standalone I had it set it up for Static IP, so I just change it for DHCP and input on the Smartviewer the same IP that the Standalone had 192.168.1.203 and voila. It's running now.

I was wondering can I check the DVR at my house and see if the warehouse is OK. Can I use the Internet with this Samsung SHR 2082 ?

Please, drop me a line.

Thank you

Louis