CJ

Outdoor IP/Analog PTZ Cam Recommendations Please

I am looking for recommendations for an outdoor cam. The primary requirements are: Weather protection, PTZ, 6X zoom, low light capable, IP and analog. This is going to be mounted on a house and primarily used to monitor a barrier beach 1 mi away. The binoculars that I use are 6x-12x and 6x seems to be the minimum enlargement that I need.

The other requirement is that the unit is more or less surface mounted (ie not gooseneck pendants). I've seen pictures of the Toshiba wedge type camera that might work. Smaller is better as I do not want it to be too noticable.

Other secondary options are the ability to send email on motion trigger, timed snapshorts, Day/night capability with auto switching to black and white mode in low light, maybe programmable patroling.

Willing to invest some money for the proper unit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

CJ

You will need a huge and very expensive lens if you want to see anything at a distance of one mile (ie see what is going on, identify people/cars etc).

Probably around 10 thousand dollars worth or more for a new lens to do that sort of distance. Lighting would be a problem, the longer the zoom the less light it passes. Controlling it would be hard, small movements = large movements at those zoom ranges.

It would be a big system, definately not discrete.....

I am just trying to monitor a beach. Do not need to identify people or vehicles in detail. I am using an inexpensive 6x-12x binocular that has a good field of vision and clarity. I probably need 1/4mi field at 1mi. I am in the $1,000 +- range (obviously the lower the price the more other equipment I can buy).

I've been admiring the Extreme Moonbeam but I'm sure it is a fortune and it does not seem to do IP. Anyone have an approximate price for the Moonbeam? Just curious.

CJ

I know of a company that sells great IP / Analog PTZ outdoor 27x Optical 10Digital Speed Deme with WDR+DSS Day/Night with two Ethernet port and BNC port w/ RS485 port. At one install I am using IP and BNC port both at the sametime without any problem and bought it for around $1295 as a dealer. PM or message me if you want the contact as I don't want to put it on this post as this is not an advertisment but a direct response to your question. I did check most of the company adv. on this forum but didn't come accross anyone who offers IP/Analog PTZ specailly in this price range. Demo IP Address is: 63.237.31.10 user id: demo password: ndvr and it's the CAMERA # 15 Hope this help. Sajaan

Thanks for the PM Sajaan. I looked at the web site but did not see the camera. Will call tomorrow. I am trying to decide between a PTZ dome or a box cam with weather enclosure plus PTZ. The latter seems more expensive.

Does the dome cam that you are using have power over ethernet?

CJ