Ghazi

Question about the monitor

I have gv-1480 which has the tvout, I want to put a monitor either right in the store so customers can see it, and it rotates the cameras, or behind the cash register, one or the other. I have 13 inch TV, that has the coaxle cable, and not the video/audio out av output. If i need to , I can buy one, not a big deal

so since i have never done this part, what you guy suggest, which way is better way to do, should i have to connect the monitor via video card s-video? or d-type slot, and use the tv out of the dvr card? connect the bnc from dvr to coaxial cable to do i have to change the cable and get extension?

2. if I have a monitor by me behind the counter, is there a way cashier can change the camera to view, like somone is aisle 8 , can i switch my camera view to aisle 8 by standing right here at the register without going to the system?

i highly doudt that but better ask...

please advise

thanjks

I'd get a computer at the counter. Flat panel, keyboard, and mouse, have the computer itself under the counter. Run the remote viewer and you have full control (pending which user account you give it).

Otherwise, yes. Get te $22 modulator for the AV to Coax type F (screw on). But you won't be able to change the view.

Otherwise, yes. Get te $22 modulator for the AV to Coax type F (screw on). But you won't be able to change the view.

Thats what I would do, who cares if your customer can see which camera when. You just want to prove your CCTV works.

so what you guys are saying is leave me the system in the office which has the dvr and all, and just come up with the different computer (the whole thing) and leave it by the counter?

how would I connect that computer to connect the system in the office, via REMOTE VIEW?

rightnow i use dsl to view the multiview at home, so would i need to be expert in networking or something to connect those 2 computers together?

please let me know

thanks

Go buy a cheapo TV with RCA inputs on the back. Hang it from the ceiling and run a wire back the the TV output of the 1480.

IF you want to the cashier to be able to switch camera views so the cashier can view the isle in full screen. Then yes, you need a computer to do that.

IF you just want the viewing of all... well, that's already been answered.

All good replies...! very very helpful, thanks

yes it would be much better if the cashier can view the cameras accordingly...!

so instead of the whole computer, i can have the laptop setting by, and still do the remote setup right?

remote viewing is different than the muiltiview over the internet, am i right?

cuz over the net, looking at 16 channels is way too slow even though i have 6mb of dsl, but still the frame rate sucks..!

thanks

Yes you can do it that way, use multiview you shouldn't have any problems.

I would still put up a cheap TV just for the customers, it's cheap and assures they don't think you are using dummy cameras. I wouldn't put all cameras on the multiquence, always keep your ace in the hole.

I'd put up a small 13' tv as Collin suggested, and then as you said, use a laptop at the counter for the cashier.

Multiview IIRC is faster and would run better on a LAN. So get a router and I'd run hardwire for the network. Setting up Geovision on a network for multiview is simple, just follow the instructions in the manual.

Also, IIRC you can list which cameras which user can view. So your cashier wouldn't be able to see the hidden cameras you may have for catching internal employees, and the customer viewing the 13' monitor has no need to view what your offices and backrooms look like. Obviously the public view off the main system could be set on a 3x3 and you choose which 9 out of 16 you want the customer to be able to see.

Good luck with it.

you could also extend an IR Remote out to the cashier area, and then she could switch the views on a regular TV using the DSP out. In that case you dont use the DSP feature in the Geo software, and it switches the view on the DSP output and the VGA Monitor.

Thanks again for all your replies. so here is what i am doing, i am thinking about getting a regular tv or monitor for customer, and putting that out in the lobby area.

Thinking about getting one computer/or using my laptop by the cashier which i already hooked up last night, but now help me with one thing guys,

I dont want this cashier computer to connect to system like i connect from home using the dsl connection, using multiview on internet explorer.

when i tried that, the frame rate sucked big time. I tried remote view software too, but that still connect tcp/ip over the internet which again is slow

I like to view the same way at cashier real time like i have in the backoffice? so they can spot the stealing

I think that is what UMDRanger is taking about, connect the network over lan, am i right?, but what is multiview IIRC?

You connect just like you do from home EXCEPT, you use the internal LAN IP of the server. It's probably something like 192.168.1.2. This forces it to not go out to the internet but stay on the local network, much much faster.

On the server if you go to the start menu...

click run

type cmd

hit enter

type ipconfig

hit enter

If you post the results we can tell you your server's internal IP if you can figure it out.

gateway.2wire.net

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.65

SUBNET MASK: 255.255.255.0

default gateway: 192.168.1.254