Sign in to follow this  
saturn

Gilbarco G-SITE POS Text Overlay on Geovision

I have some posts that some were able to get the Gilbarco G-SITE text to overlay on the Geovision without using the DATA Capture boxes. Please provide hardware/software details required to do this.

I have set these up......sorry I do not have exact instructions anymore.....but to make it work correctly you must turn the journal port on in the G-Site POS system......then you have to make a special pinout connection to go from the back of the G-Site (RJ-45) to Serial (9 Pin).....This pinout is from memory so this may not be 100% accurate

RJ-45 to 9 Pin Serial

Pin 2 -> Pin 3

Pin 3 -> Pin 4

Pin 4 -> Pin 5

Pin 1 -> Pin 6

Parity - Even

Data Bits - 7

Stop Bits - 1

AGAIN this may not be 100% accurate, but this is the only way to get Geovision to work with G-Site

Please provide instructions on turning on the journal port. Is this a seperate port from the serial printer port on the Gilbarco?

yes it is seperate, the option to turn this on should be somewhere on the POS under printers, it also should be labeled on the back of the system "JNR-PNT" i believe

Please post the pinout of the Gilbarco rj45 journal printer port. I am trying to overlay the pos text in Geovision and have not been able to get it to work.