Agent_Jay23

Who used this Nuvico DVR before?

Anyone here ever used the Nuvico NVDV34250N DVR before?I want to try this DVR because im tired of using the Eclipse Brand...I dont ever seem to get the quality I want.And also a sales rep told me that Nuvico is a pretty good brand and the quality is good!Anyone else here has experience with this specific model?

The specs on the DVR are as followed...."4-CH DVR W/ 250G HDD, LIVE DISPLAY/RECORD RATE: 120/120PPS, 4-CH AUDIO"

Specifications

NEW MPEG4 DVR from NUVICO

4CH, 8CH, 16CH DVR with 120 fps recording

Multi-site Client software, Modified MPEG4 Compression

Key Features

Available in 4, 8, 16 Ch Models

Support NTSC & PAL Standards

Embedded Linux Operating System

Built-in Multiplexer

Quadruplex Function -Simultaneous Record / Playback / Network / Backup

High Resolution

MPEG-4 Compression

Multi-screen Display: Live Monitor, Playback, Remote View

Multiple Video Outputs: Composite, S-Video, Spot, VGA

User Friendly Graphic Menu

Hidden / Covert Camera Function

Built-in Backup Device: CD-RW or DVD-RW

External Backup Device Support(USB2.0):Memory Stick, External HDD

Mini Player: Auto Installation into CD or DVD during backup

Watch Dog / Power Failure Recovery

RS-422/485 for PTZ Speed Dome and Keypad Controller

Keypad Controller with Joystick(Option) -Control Multiple DVRs and PTZ Speed Domes

Support Various PTZ Protocols

Time Synchronization between Multiple DVRs

4-ch Audio with Live Audio over Network

Software Upgrade via USB Memory Stick

Upto 1.2TB of Internal Storage

IR Remote Controller - Control upto 99 DVRs

POS Support

"Copied from Nuvico Website"

hi,i think the netvisiondvr is better,which adopts the leading advanced H.264 compress technology.

Grace feng

Thanks, but I dont want to know whats better.What i wanna know is if anyone in this forum has ever used that Nuvico DVR before.I'm thinking about buying it but i want peoples opinions on who used the DVR before.It would help me out alot!The specs on the DVR makes me think its a great DVR....But the specs on the Eclipse Nubix8LT made me think it was a good DVR when infact it wasnt at all!So I just need to know what people here think.

I recently installed a few of the Nuvico DVR's you listed. Personally, I think that they were great. The interface was very aesthically appealing and easy to navigate. The DVR itself looks extremely nice as well as the picture quality. This was paired with a few of Nuvico's cameras, which had one of the best quality pictures I have seen on lower/midrange CCTV equipment. Anyway, I would recommend them b/c everything about it was extremely nice. Lots of features and all that jazz. I can not comment on the build quality though, seeing that I just recently got my hands on these. Like I said, the build quality looks great, but who knows about the components.

For reference:

I have installed 2- 4 Channel DV3 and 2- 16 channel DV3 models. One of them is hooked up to a network so they can be viewed from a remote location. I have also installed a few of Nuvicos basic indoor cameras as well as outdoor and a few PTZs. Everyone who saw them were impressed by the quality. I have tried quite a few other DVRs in the same price range and they don't compare.

I dont know anything about them, but I have a customer that i do network cabling for, that wants me to do a new install, because his nuvico dvr has failed. Are these repairable. he said that is says hdd failure. His contractor told him to look it up in the manual, hahah.