I have some images that are rolling (and shaking a little bit) on the DVR. This is the second DVR with the same problem. Both use Digiflower cards I believe. I have put all camera signals individually on a test monitor and all work fine and look great. The cabling is cat5 and the runs are 400 to 700 feet. This is very frustrating.

How are the cameras powered, and what voltage.

What kind of UTP transmitters or Baluns are you using, which brand?

How is the video and power run?

Do you get the same problem if you try a camera plugged in next to the dvr, this would let you know if its a problem with the dvr, or if its related to the power/distance/transmission etc.

The cameras are using NVT baluns. The cameras are 12V DC and are being powered from a power supply adjacent to the DVR. Power is being carried on 3 strands per side of the cat5 and signal on the 4th pair. I dont think it is the wire/transmission becasue as I said I have put a test monitor adjacent to the DVR and fed all the channels to it individually and they are perfect. This would also seem to eliminate the power question. Thanks so far and let me know.

SomeDVR's can be more sensitive to lower signal levels than test monitors,so its possibly a slight drop would not cause a problem on the monitor, but may on the dvr.

is it active or passive, as like Ken said DVRs are typically more sensitive to low video signals. 400 and 700 feet are long distances, especially for 12VDC also, but that seems to work so i would imagine its video related.

I'd bet $$$ that the signals are just a bit weak at the DVR. Try active Baluns, been through this before on a large hotel project.

There's an option to "check primary" and "change to rgb" under the "dx setting".

Play with those settings and also try to lower resolution.