jisaac

camera in key pad

we have a customer who's cameras got hit by lighting. one of them was the camera in the key pad for the access gate. it looks like a standard board camera. but what i need to figure out is what is that paste that they use to paste the camera to the faceplate with the keypad? anyone know?

it looks kind of like that foam insulation you spray into area's and it expands. but i know that it is not.

how about hot melt glue. It's great for electronics repair

Gorilla glue expands to fill in voids and has that spray insulation look? I wouldn’t use it for heavy duty holding power. However, I think it would do fine for holding a small camera.

I've used Gorilla glue for many applications, including gluing an outlet box to a poured foundation wall. Works great and holds very good. Have not had one come off yet. The only thing you need to watch with Gorilla glue is that it does expand considerably. If you use too much, you are going to have a mess to scrape off.

hot glue is reversible, in so much as you can are move the part in the future using a hot knife or soldering iron by melting through the glue.

If you use gorrilla glue, crazy glue, epoxy, its permanent and u will usually destroy the parts if u need to seperate later on for another repair.