kmurrey

Warehouse

We have a request to use dome cameras in a warehouse environment. The ceilings are about 30' - steel beam. How are you guys mounting your domes in these situations?

I thought about using rigid 3/4" pipe to drop the camera down about 10', but the manufacturer says their camers won't mount to a two gang box.

Any ideas?

Make a custom bracket.

At my old job we regularally mounted Ganz cameras on 4 square covers. With a uni-bit drill a hole for the power/video, and then with the right size bit, drill holes for your camera to mount with by using self tapping screws.

Worked great every time.

Yes - we could make a custom bracket. But I was hoping there was some bracket already out there.

Normally what we do is take a metal plate and mount to the I-beams with beam clamps (min. 4) (good sturdy ones not the stamped metal ones) and mount the dome pipe flange to the plate in the center of the beam.

Plenty of dome manufacturers now have extension poles so that you can mount a dome to them, the one I use has a mounting plate and then a threaded pipe with a flange at the other end that matches the dome screws.